Thursday, January 27, 2011

Extremely Live: An Album Review

It’s really sad knowing that his career reached a major downfall so fast. If you’re familiar about this guy, you’ll notice that he’s the kind of artist whose not afraid to do whatever he like to do. Let’s just say he’s making the most of the “bad publicity, still good publicity” thing.


 Aside from being a rapper, he also stars on some television sitcoms and movies. That’s a good thing cause it shows how flexible the man is in providing us entertainment. As I grow old in time, I can say that Vanilla Ice is a douchebag for his not-so good acts but this doesn’t show on his work because most of us still love his songs. If you just want to have fun and make you’re body sweat, try to listen to Vanilla Ice’s song and you surely wont regret a second of it.




Album Review: Extremely Live

Obviously, nobody is going to say Vanilla Ice was a particularly awesome rapper but this album is a fun listen. If, like me, you enjoy popping it on your player and enjoy live music. It has all of his good song and most of the rest of what he had done up to that point as well. The live version of Ice Ice Baby rocks and makes this album worth owning. There are also some pretty good new songs on the album. One of which is “Play the Funky Music” which is a good disco song. This song reminded me of how my dad dance during his time. Totally entertaining. I also love satisfaction. I never knew that this song is from Vanilla Ice until I listen to his album. It’s not like those songs that goes with time but it’s a fun listen once in a while. The melody just makes you want to stomp your feet while resting after a hard days work. That’s plus point for this album.
 On the other hand, I saw some pretty obvious cons on this album. The sound quality can be rough in some spots. I still love Rollin' in My 5.0, Satisfaction and the ultra funky numbers of I Like It and  Play that Funky Music. Ice Ice Baby sounds strong here, but I prefer the album version. I think that this album came out too quick in the helm of Vanilla Ice's To The Extreme multi platinum success.It sold well, but this album is a good example of the kinds of album that just came and went so fast.It’s alive album so I observe that the recording was not that good. Vanilla Ice would have taken another direction with his career other than this uneven live album. Overall, this album is okay . Fun to listen to but beyond that, I can see any reason for me to love it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment