Monday, February 14, 2011

A review of "My Amnesia Girl"

 


 I've been working my butt off for weeks and I really need a break. The bad thing is that I can't find time to relax since I had lot of things to do in a limited time. For your information, graduation is fast approaching and of course, you need to give your best for you to make it on the list. Yesterday, as I was thinking of ways to battle stress, My sister decided to put a DVD on the player. She asked me to give "My Amnesia Girl" a try. I was doubting at first but eventually, I decided to watch the movie,


I was surprised to love the movie. I never love mainstream Filipino movies. I found stories of Filipino films common and majority of the films are full of stereotypes. Good thing this one change my perception on this. "My Amnesia Girl" entertained me from start to finish. I found the story unoriginal but hey, the acting of the lead stars was outstanding. It was a feel good movie that will make you laugh and fall in love at the same time. I was laughing so hard because it was full of cheesy punchlines that are in a way, very cute. Aside from that, the movie have supporting actors that didn't failed to deliver. The scriptwriter was a genius for giving us unforgettable lines that will stay on our minds for years. I never knew Tony and John Lloyd have a chemistry. I would like to give props to the director, Cathy Molina for giving us wonderful movies for the past years. People my age would say that the best movie of this time is  probably "One More Chance". I can confidently say that "My Amnesia Girl" has surpass the said movie in some ways. A must watch for people who wants to laugh and get a dose of famous, corny punch lines that we encounter on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment