Saturday, April 9, 2011

Trip to Quiapo


After all the sleepless nights due to pressure on schoolworks, I can confidently say that I'm going to graduate by the end of this school year. This is a big blessing not just for me but for my whole family. What made this such a big thing for us is the fact that me and my sister succeeded in beating all the deadlines and luckily for us, we both passed and will attend the graduation.I knew all along that all of these are possible because God is by our side. Good thing I always talk with him through my prayers and just this semester, some of my classmates decided to visit Quiapo habitually to ask for guidance to the Lord. After all that we've been through, Me and my friends decided to give Quiapo another visit.

As usual, our trip to Quiapo is a long, bumpy ride from Makati to Manila. What made this ride fun are the conversations we had to keep ourselves entertained while we are experiencing the traffic jam on our way to our destination. As we reached Quiapo, our eyes feast on the sidewalk stalls full of different products with of course, different purpose. You can find almost everything in Quiapo: Pirated DVD's, pets, home decors, bags, shirts and yes, even sex toys! First timers will surely be surprised with what this place has to offer.
     Let's cut the chase and proceed to what we went there for. We attended the mass and good thing we finished it before rush hour. After the mass, we decided to talk a walk to enjoy th vicinity. 



Aside from the products that this place offers, we also noticed interesting people outside the church. A guy who dressed like Jesus was there encouraging people to join him in his "New Jerusalem". It was weird but he kept firm with his belief. To be honest, I found it entertaining rather than believable. We didn't stayed long since I needed to go to the hospital because my dad was rushed there due to high blood sugar. Good thing we finished the mass before that incident happened.



Even though our Quiapo experience was just a quick afternoon on a busy Friday, I was so contented and happy because I spent my time there with my friends. I know this is not my last visit to this place. Quiapo has been one of my favorite places in Manila for it offers different things in life. It's a place where you can strengthen your faith with God. A must visit for people who love to try new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment