Monday, May 2, 2011

Agua de Mayo



Summer is getting into my nerves and I find it difficult to enjoy the heat. For people like me who don't have the privilege of having an air conditioner at home, the only way to beat the heat is a simple cry from heaven or in short, just a short rain. Yesterday, God answered my prayer. At around 1PM, rain came pouring so hard. I did not think twice in joining my relatives outside our house as they enjoyed bathing under the rain. Aside from the fact that it is really fun, old people believe that the first rainfall during the summer is a blessed water from heaven that can cure skin diseases. I was so amazed how a simple rainfall during May can bring the family together. I am looking forward to more Agua de Mayo in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment