Tuesday, July 6, 2010

GOD is the answer ...

Last month, something bad happened to me. I was diagnosed with a rare disease that may took months/ years to be treated. Have you ever heard of VKH syndrome? Based on what my doctor said, it's a disease without a sure cause. You can say that the ratio of people who have VKH is like 1 in a million. This disease attacks the pigments in your body, meaning every part of your body that has something to do with pigments can be affected. Talk about the skin, hair, eyes, etc. Unlucky for me, it targeted the eyes first.

In short, my left eye got blind and my right eye (which is a good eye) is starting to get blurry. When i heard about the doctor's prognosis, i felt like my world fell apart. My doctor required me to have my check-up at least once a week and aside from that, minimize the activities that i usually do per day. Now here's the thing: Im a graduating student, dealing with lots of deadlines. Put yourself into my shoes. One physical activity per day won't work for me. I don't even remember what my doctor told me after that. I eventually burst into tears eventhough lots of patients are watching me. Right at that very moment, i realized some important things in life. I realized how important every part of my body is. I also realized how important it is to finish college and help my parents in the future.

At that point in my life, I decided to talk to GOD. At some point, i felt guilty. To be honest, im not the typical catholic who goes to church every Sunday and pray the rosary. I pray only when needed or whenever I feel like doing it. So you see, I talked to him. I asked forgiveness on my wrongdoings. I thanked him for the blessings that he showered me for the past 18 years of my life. Lastly, I talked with him about my disease. It's in a form of a conversation between a parent and a child. After talking with him, I realized another important thing in life: GOD answers our prayers and He will never let you down.


After two weeks of treatment, I found out that my eyes reacted well on the medicine and there's a big improvement in my vision. If this will continue, shorter treatment will be required for me to recover from this disease.

You see, GOD find ways for us to connect with Him. I look at my disease differently than before. I look at my disease as GOD's way of connecting with me. I can say that now, things have changed for the better. I became closer not just to Him, but to the people that I love. I became more contented and happy with what I have. It feels so good to be back in GOD's arms. I know this is a good start for self improvement. Im very confident that with GOD by my side, nothing is impossible.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl i,m 57 and have had to desl with this from age five, God is your only stronghold hold on to him and he will give you insight and help, there is no cure but God will guve you the grace to go through the daily struggles you will encounter. Enjoy the3 good days, endure the hard one and trust God for the rest, God is good and he will give youn the grace and the hope that will see you through, God bless. I have inpared vision ,profound hearing loss, sever munigil headaches, cellulitus, nerve damage and and disababled, but still thanking God for his goodness and grace. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for typo's eye sight not best right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete